SEP Rail Services take great pride in its leadership team’s attitude to safety. As with all of our clients, we strongly believe that every staff member must return home safely after each and every shift. From our perspective, therefore, this begins with detailed planning and preparation.
Holders of the RISQS product code C.C.188.8.131.52 (Safe System of Work Planning), our dedicated in-house planning team have comprehensive understanding of all facets of railway planning and operations. Thanks to this, we’re able to offer a fully compliant and professional service in line with Network Rail’s planning delivery safe work process (PDSW).
With decades of combined experience, our Sentinel-trained team work across a variety of safety critical competencies, having a thorough understanding of NR/L2/OHS/019. This combination of knowledge and experience, practically unique in our field, allows us to both plan and execute all works internally.
The capabilities outlined below can be tailored to suit your project’s individual requirements…
- Through collaborative communication with our clients we can produce detailed possession plans in varied formats to ensure packages of work are delivered first time, every time
- Plan, input and manage worksite applications via the Network Rail Possession Planning System (PPS)
- Attendance at all long and short-term Network Rail planning meetings
- Arrange short term access requirements using the Network Rail Green Zone Access System (GZAC)
- Production of Safe Work Packs (SWP) and site-specific Task Briefings (TBS)
- Work Package Planning to comply with NR/L2/OHS/0044
- AC & DC isolation planning
- RAMS documents tailored to job specific requirements
- Sentinel approved Person in Charge (PIC) and Responsible Managers (RM) for verification and authorisation of Safe Work Packs
- Competent in various planning packages including P6 and Microsoft Project
Get in touch
Does your project or organisation need access planning support? To learn more about our railway planning services, why not get in touch? A member of our team will be happy to help.