Railway Track Surveys
From simple plain line to detailed S&C, every year our experienced, RISQS approved team surveys hundreds of miles of railway track for some of the rail industry’s most recognisable firms.
A dedicated rail specialist and the fastest growing company of its type in the UK, our growth is in no small part down to the hard work and integrity of our team. Whilst the accuracy of our track surveys is obviously critical, it’s these two values that help define who we are as a business.
After all, with over 80% of our workload being based upon repeat business, we must be doing something right…
Headed up by Rikki Morrow, formerly of Corus and Colas Rail, SEP Rail Services boasts a number of time-served delivery and survey managers. All seasoned professionals, they’ve proved themselves repeatedly, spending years adding value to some of the nation’s highest profile railway track survey projects.
At any one time, they manage a substantial team of rail surveyors and processing specialists, as well as a variety of approved suppliers and subcontractors. All field personnel are PTS / OLEC1 / ICI qualified, also attaining COSS and SWL certifications, whilst all delivery surveyors have a minimum of ten years’ experience in their field.
- Personal Track Safety (PTS AC/DC)
- Overhead Line Equipment Construction (OLEC1)
- Industry Common Induction (ICI)
- Controller of Site Safety (COSS)
- Safe Work Leader 1 (SWL1)
- Safe Work Leader 2 (SWL2)
Clients and projects
From primary rail contractors and design consultants to tier two contractors and smaller firms, we form long-standing and truly meaningful relationships with our clients, delivering precision railway track surveys on time and on budget.
Just a fraction of those our people have been instrumental in delivering, notable track surveys have included…
- CP5 S&C Northern & Southern Renewals
- CP5 Plainline Renewals
- Northern Hub
- West Coast Route Modernisation (WCRM)
- High Output Track Renewals (HOTR)
- Midland Metro Alliance (MMA)
- Nexus Metro
- Plain Line and S&C Renewals Frameworks
- Great Northern Great Eastern Grip 3 Survey (85 miles)
- High Speed 2 (HS2) Construction and Enabling Works
Part of the SEP group, we’ve benefitted from a close working relationship with our friends at SEP Products. Thanks to this partnership, we’re able to guarantee that our team have access to the very latest survey technology at a moment’s notice.
Whether that means a 0.5″ robotic total station or a cutting edge HDS laser scanner, our unrivalled access to brand new equipment ensures our surveyors always come properly equipped. Furthermore, by staying at the forefront of innovation when it comes to the techniques we employ, we’re often able to improve safety and performance, all without increasing costs for the client.
- Trimble S9 0.5″ Robotic Station
- Trimble GEDO IMS Track Measuring Trolley
- Spectra Precision SP80 GNSS / GPS Receiver
- Leica LS10 Digital Level
- Trimble TX8 Laser Scanner
- Trimble SX10 3D Laser Scanning Total Station
- Trimble TSC7 Data Logger
Get in touch
If you’d like to discuss an ongoing or future rail project or would simply like to learn more about our railway track survey services, please get in touch. A member of our team will be happy to help.