SEP Rail Services
Job ref: SEPRS-110922-01
Are you an experienced surveyor? Perhaps you’re searching for a new challenge or simply the chance to join an organisation that genuinely cares for and invests in its team?
Thanks to great successes with recent tenders and a substantial bank of future work, SEP Rail Services is looking for a number of lead surveyors to boost our existing team.
With competitive salaries, a generous benefits package and a fantastic culture and working environment, working with SEP Rail Services could be the move you’ve been waiting to make!
To become part of the fastest-growing railway surveying company in the UK, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01904 403 322.
We’ll need an up-to-date CV and, if you’re considered for the first round, you’ll be asked to take part in an informal telephone interview. Should you be successful at that stage, you’ll move on to a video or face-to-face interview.
All candidates must be eligible to work in the UK at the time of application.
Purpose of the Role
- To carry out topographical surveys, gathering of point cloud data, setting out, monitoring and assisting ground investigation works
- To carry out surveys to the requirements of the survey specifications in contracts or to the requirements of designers
- To lead a team of one or more surveyors in carrying out surveying activities
- To accurately and reliably produce survey data to present to clients or designers
- To act as a Person in Charge on Site.
- Safety – Actively demonstrate support for the implementation of the SEP Rail Services Limited Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) strategy, associated actions and resulting initiatives.
- Profitability – Provide cost effective support to the SEP Rail Services Ltd by conducting surveys in the most efficient and timely manner.
- Quality – Provide accurate survey results conforming to best practice and industry standards.
- Respect – Treat people in a fair and consistent way. Consistently strive to understand client’s needs and requirement.
- Carry out all required survey duties as directed by the Head of Survey
- Be able to determine the most appropriate professional manner for the planning and execution of surveys
- Diligently complete surveys, to satisfy all clients specification and quality expectations
- Establish calibration and maintenance regimes for all survey equipment
- Establish survey monitoring regimes
- Carry out setting out activity in accordance with design drawings and scheme plans
- Manage a team of one or more Surveyors
- Lead and coach Surveyors in all site surveys
- Produce survey data accurately and rapidly
- Be a member of RICS / ICES or working to achieve Chartered Status
- Competent in the selection of the appropriate survey equipment and the operation and instruction of the following:
- Total Station
- Point Cloud Scanner
- GPS (static & VRS)
- Automatic and digital levels
- Laser Scanner
- Track Measuring Device Trolleys
- Have a good understanding of all survey methods, including mobile mapping, drone surveys, static scanning, LiDAR and their suitability for projects
- Competent in the use of at least two or more of the following survey and complementary software packages with a good understanding in the operation of all others including:
- Trimble Business Software / Leica GEO Office
- AutoCAD / Microstation
- Bentley Railtrack / MX Rail
- Be able to understand and translate RICS and Network Rail surveying standards into site practice
- Be competent to a level to enable the training of Surveyors in the following survey techniques:
- Topographical and detailed surveying
- GPS / GNSS operation
- Hold Sentinel competencies including:
- COSS/SWL1 (or prepared to work towards)
- Hold additional competencies including:
- First aid
- Professional approach to managing and delivering technical activities
- Effective people manager
- Good communicator
- Is flexible and adaptable in changing circumstances
- Ability to prioritize work and organize team resources
- Ability to make decisions to support the requirements of the business
It is the policy of SEP Rail Services, SEP Rail Design and SEP Rail Engineering to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, gender, sex, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or information or any other characteristic protected by law.