An experienced QS, commercial controller and finance manager, Sam’s almost 25 years’ experience within rail makes her the ideal person to spearhead the financial and commercial efforts of both SEP Rail Design and SEP Rail Engineering.
Starting her career in 1997 as an assistant quantity surveyor for Faithful & Gould, in less than a year she was promoted to the role of quantity surveyor, supporting the likes of Railtrack, Network Rail and Metronet (London Underground) for a further eight years.
Moving to Network Rail in late 2006, she took on the position of Commercial Manager for a variety of challenging infrastructure projects, rising to Finance Business Partner in Infrastructure Maintenance between 2011 and 2014. Promoted to Programme Finance Manager soon thereafter, Sam worked with the London North Eastern region route asset management team until 2017, the next two years spent providing financial and commercial support to a number of independent rail consultancy and engineering firms.
Joining SEP Rail Services as a consultant in 2019, less than a year later Sam became one of the founding directors of both SEP Rail Design and SEP Rail Engineering in June 2020.
By no means an exhaustive list, her key responsibilities for both businesses include…
- Financial planning
- Cost management
- The elimination of waste in all business processes
- The commercial management of our extensive supply chain
- The management of client/project accounts
- Processing of internal and external stakeholder payments
- Submitting applications for payment and invoices
- Credit control
- Financial reporting
- Production and submission of PQQs
- The review of both client and supplier contracts