An accomplished rail engineer, designer and leader, Rob is an advocate for continuous improvement through detailed analysis, bringing with him a passion for ongoing, incremental improvements.
With a thorough understanding of interdisciplinary issues and rigorous checks, the need for design integration and the philosophy of ‘Safe by Design’, he was a natural appointment for SEP Rail Design, significantly boosting both our capability and credibility within the industry.
Starting his career back in 2004, his initial foray into rail engineering began as a technician for Corus, working on a variety of route improvement projects lasting just over three years. Recognised for his skill and dedication, Rob’s contributions were rewarded with multiple promotions, achieving the position of Senior Engineer before making the leap to Amey OWR in 2013.
Appointed to the role of Principal Engineer (Track) in 2017, two years later Rob made the move to global consultancy, Atkins, as part of the Central Rail Systems Alliance, acting as CEM and Technical Authority for S&C Design until Autumn 2021.
Joining SEP Rail Design as Rail Design Director later that year, Rob’s key responsibilities include…
- Directing and controlling the company’s design operations, design work and resources
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with customers, clients, relevant government departments and organisations
- Deputising for the Managing Director where required
- Directing and controlling the company’s competency management system
- Directing and controlling the procurement of sub-contractors
- Assessing the suitability of sub-contractors
- Keeping the company up to date with all relevant design and industry standards
- Adjusting and aligning workload in accordance with client/contract requirements