A natural leader and a highly experienced rail engineer, Paul is passionate about building an environment in which staff can realise their full potential, supported by their peers and encouraged to embrace innovative concepts and techniques.
Dedicated to the health, safety and wellbeing of his team whilst consistently exceeding expectations, Paul frequently plays an active role in both the direction and physical delivery of many of our most challenging projects. Specialising in the areas of engineering management, compliance, project delivery and on-site engineering, he’s developed an enviable reputation for his rigorous and collaborative approach to his work.
Beginning his rail journey back in 2005, he first hit site for Jarvis, acting as a trainee technical engineer on their S&C renewals team, moving swiftly through the ranks to the position of Technical Engineer just over a year later.
Joining track installation and signalling specialists Trackwork in 2007 Paul spent almost five years as a project engineer servicing multiple sites throughout the UK, joining AmeyColas as an engineer in 2012. A year supporting the firm’s high output ballast cleaning and track relaying systems led to promotion and, as lead engineer (and CRE), Paul was responsible for the engineering, compliance and delivery of both high output track renewal systems.
In 2016, he started his own track engineering consultancy, TEC4TRACK – a RISQS-approved company providing engineering consultancy and support services to clients such as Amey, Story and BAM Nuttall – before joining SEP Rail Engineering as Managing Director in mid-2020.
By no means a complete list, Paul’s key responsibilities include…
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the business
- Setting and overseeing the strategic direction and vision of the business
- Overall responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of all team members
- Building and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with clients, partners and other stakeholders
- Ensuring the company operates compliantly and in accordance with all relevant standards and legislation
- Providing technical consultancy services to the company’s clients
- Ensuring the engineering team have the support they need to service our clients to the very highest standards