A highly regarded planner and safety professional, Graham brings almost 20 years’ rail experience to the team, his wealth of knowledge, logical approach and problem-solving abilities adding significant value to the SEP Rail group and its clients.
Starting his rail journey as a contract PTS labourer back in 2004, just one year later Graham joined Balfour Beatty Rail Projects working on the new Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 slab track project. The next three years saw him promoted twice, in 2006 to Assistant Track Chargeman on the London Underground and, in 2008, to the position of Assistant Track Supervisor on the East London Line.
Thanks to his hard work and determination, the eight years from 2009 saw him being promoted rapidly, from UTX Supervisor, Possession & SSOW Planner and Telecoms Incident Manager to Lead SCADA Possession Planner. In 2017, Graham joined a competing survey firm as Possession Planner, advancing to Senior Access Planner just a year later. He joined SEP Rail Services as Planning Manager in 2021, advancing to Head of Planning in 2022.
- Managing the planning team, remaining accountable for all planning processes within the rail division
- Ensuring the company follows the latest Network Rail standards
- Ensuring the planning team maintain the highest standard of due diligence when planning in works
- Mentoring anybody within the planning team who feels they need more help or guidance on a particular area
- Maintaining good planning records to ensure all planning and PICOP meetings are adequately represented
- Responsible for the possession strategies involved in securing the most suitable access for the required task per site
- Assisting with RISQS audits
By no means an exhaustive list, Graham has provided planning support to some of the UK’s most prominent rail projects including…
- SCADA system for the South-East
- Old Oak Common Station GI project for HS2
- Dawlish Sea Wall Defence project
- West Coast Main Line Core & Drainage Renewals between Euston and Carlisle