Heading up specialist access and vegetation management firm, SEP Culant, Andy has worked within a variety of safety critical industries for more than 15 years. He and his team provide invaluable support to the wider SEP group and its clients.
A hugely experienced rope access specialist with excellent communication, technical, and project management skills, Andy is a passionate advocate of both safety and innovation, particularly in the fields of rope access and inspection technology.
Starting his safety critical career back in 2005, Andrew worked as an underground face miner for mining giant, ICL, working at the world’s only polyhalite mine at Boulby in the North East of England. Moving across the globe to Australia, his next role saw him acting as assistant project manager for Anderson Mining Corporation before spending almost three years in Qatar working as a rope access inspection support engineer for American multi-national, Mistras.
Making the leap from the Middle East to South Africa, 2010 saw Andrew join oil and gas control systems specialist, Petrotech, as an offshore project engineer, moving back to the UK two years later to join hydrocarbon exploration firm, Apache UK (now APA Corporation), taking on the position of rope access integrity technician.
Two years as a CUI project coordinator for Bluewater Energy in Aberdeen and a further three for Canadian Natural Resources led up to Andrew co-founding SEP Culant in 2020.
By no means an exhaustive list, Andrew’s key responsibilities include…
- Managing the day-to-day operations of SEP Culant
- Directing and controlling rope access operations
- Directing and controlling vegetation management operations
- Directing and controlling NDT and integrity inspection operations
- Directing and controlling the competency management of staff
- Assessing the suitability and procurement of sub-contractors
- Providing engineering assurance
- Keeping the company up to date with all relevant industry standards, delivering as required
- Directing and liaising with the HSQE partnership to ensure alignment with the company’s requirements